It’s Turtle Time!!
Sea turtles are returning to nest, and we are hoping for another record breaking season! Last year, our first recorded nest was in March and between March and November we had a total of 2582 nests.
TIPS & INFO for ALL Turtle Talk & Walks
- 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. or later….depending on the turtles
- Program is not for children under the age of 8.
- All MUST be quiet, patient, and able to walk up to two miles of beach.
- Bring INSECT REPELLANT, water, wear walking shoes and comfortable DARK clothing.
- No flashlights, flash photography nor cell phones allowed.
- Rain or shine presentation will be held.
Please note that we have made changes to the registration process for the Turtle Talk & Walk program registration, please check below for additional information.
Summer 2014 Sea Turtle Talk & Walks – Open to the Public
• Non Member registration will be on-line and sold as “tickets” – on our web site www.macarthurbeach.org
• Price is $10 per ticket, non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by Park staff
• There is a limit of not more than 8 tickets per person per Walk
• Each Walk is limited to 20 individuals
• Registration launches on May 28th at 9am
June 2, 4, 6, 10, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 23, 25, 27 and 30
July 2, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23 and 25
For Information on Public Walks, call the Nature Center 561-624-6952 9:00am – 5:00pm
Join us every 2nd Saturday of the month (October through May) for a few hours of sun and surf, and help keep our pristine beach healthy! Meet at the lower platform of the main crossover.
- 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Gloves, garbage grabbers, garbage bags and buckets provided – Please wear comfortable shoes, sunglasses and a hat, bring sun block and a refillable water bottle.
- High School community service hours given if requested – Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
Contact Arthur R. Carton for more information (561) 776-7449 Ext. 109.
MacArthur Beach State Park is a Solid Waste Authority Adopt-a-Spot