Volunteer at John D. MacArthur Beach State Park… for a fun and rewarding experience! It is our goal to keep you both challenged and satisfied by matching your skills and interests to the needs of the Park.
As a volunteer you will:
- Use your talents to help preserve our natural resources
- Meet new people
- Do meaningful work
- Gain work experience
- Stay active and involved
- Help improve Florida State Parks
We provide orientation, training, Workers’ Compensation coverage and volunteer recognition events and awards.
- Beach Outfitters Gift Shop: Greet customers, assist with purchases and provide Park information.
- Nature & Welcome Center: Greet visitors, help to maintain our exhibits, terrariums, and aquariums; you may be trained to assist in the feeding of the reptiles, fish, and invertebrates.
- Guided Nature Tours: Share your knowledge of South Florida’s coastal habitat with local school students; take a group of Park visitors on a walk through the Park’s various plant communities; or participate in our guided kayak tours.
- Tram Driving: Enjoy a beautiful day outside, talking with and transporting Park visitors across the pedestrian bridge that spans our gorgeous estuary.
Natural Science Education Programs
- Share your love of the out-of-doors with the next generation! Education programs are offered most school days and our Team would welcome you.
- Beach and Estuary Clean-up: Help us keep the environment safe and beautiful for our visitors and wildlife by removing litter from the beach, dunes, and mangroves.
- Invasive/Exotic Plant Removal: Learn about native and exotic vegetation. Assist Park staff in maintaining our very important resource in its natural state.
- Skilled and Unskilled Construction and Maintenance: From painting buildings to maintaining equipment to constructing sheds and other jobs that allow you to indulge your “inner contractor” while maintaining the Park infrastructure.
Junior Friends of MacArthur Beach State Park
Are you interested in the environment, the out-of-doors, the beach, making friends and earning community service/volunteer hours? If so, Junior Friends is for YOU!
Jr Friends Registration 2016-2017
Members are 6th – 12th grade students whose purpose is to support the Park through activity and special event development.
Meetings are from 11 am-noon in the Pew Family Natural Science Education Center at 10900 Jack Nicklaus Drive, North Palm Beach, FL 33408.
October 1, 2016
November 5, 2016
January 21, 2017
February 4, 2017
March 4, 2017 – NatureScaping Event
April 1, 2017
May 2016 – End of Year Special Event
Community Service Points are awarded.
For more information contact Veronica Frehm at 776-7449 ext. 104 or Veronica Frehm