Volunteers – Our Most Valuable Resource!
Volunteer at John D. MacArthur Beach State Park… for a fun and rewarding experience! It is our goal to keep you both challenged and satisfied by matching your skills and interests to the needs of the Park.
As a volunteer at MacArthur Beach State Park, you will:
- Use your gifts and talents to help preserve Florida’s natural resources
- Meet new people
- Do meaningful and satisfying work
- Gain work experience
- Stay active and involved
- Help improve Florida State Parks
We provide orientation, training, personal liability coverage,
Workers’ Compensation coverage and volunteer recognition awards.
- Beach Outfitters Gift Shop: Greet customers, assist with purchases and provide Park information.
- Nature & Welcome Center: Greet visitors, help to maintain our exhibits, terrariums, and aquariums; you may be trained to assist in the feeding of the reptiles, fish, and invertebrates.
- Guided Nature Tours: Share your knowledge of South Florida’s coastal habitat with local school students; take a group of Park visitors on a walk through the Park’s various plant communities; or participate in our guided kayak tours.
- Tram Driving: Enjoy a beautiful day outside, talking with and transporting Park visitors across the pedestrian bridge that spans our gorgeous estuary.
- Beach and Estuary Clean-up: Help us keep the environment safe and beautiful for our visitors and wildlife by removing litter from the beach, dunes, and mangroves.
- Invasive/Exotic Plant Removal: Learn about native and exotic vegetation. Assist Park staff in maintaining our very important resource in its natural state.
- Skilled and Unskilled Construction and Maintenance: From painting buildings to maintaining equipment to constructing sheds and other jobs that allow you to indulge your “inner contractor” while maintaining the Park infrastructure.
Return your completed Application by Fax – 561-624-6954
or Mail -
MacArthur Beach State Park
10900 Jack Nicklaus Dr.
North Palm Beach, FL 33408
Jr. Friends Info 2013-14
The Junior Friends is a committee of the Friends of MacArthur Beach State Park, Inc.
Junior Friends are decorating a tree for the COOL YULE Contest -
Winnings benefit the Natural Science Education Fund
Click here for a Ballot to Help Us Win!
Members are 6th grade through college/university students whose purpose is to support the Park through activity and special event development.
Junior Friends meet monthly
Organizational Meeting August 11th from 2 to 4 p.m.
September 15, 2013
October 13, 2013
November 17, 2013
December 8, 2013
January 12, 2014
February 9, 2014
March 9, 2014
April 13, 2014
May 18, 2014
June 8, 2014
Community Service Points are awarded.
For more information contact
Janice Kerber at 776-7221 ext. 104 or